Monday, August 03, 2009

1st TOOTH and What Do You Do ...

Well Miss Charlotte got her first tooth today! I wouldn't have known she was even getting one since she has been her normal happy joyful self! I just so happened to put my finger in her mouth and check and SURPRISE - A TOOTH!
~ Miss Charlotte ~
Oh and What Do You Do When your Tomato plant gets to be THIS big? You make some HOMEMADE SALSA!! ~ My GINORMOUS Tomato Plant with about 32 tomatoes on it ~
~ These are Jason's pepper plants - jalapeno, anaheim, banana and sweet banana ~
~ Just a 'few' of my ripe tomatoes ~
~ Here is what I start off with - no measuring of course - just throw it all in a blender ~
~ Add some cilantro and then a 1/4 cup of lemon juice ~
~ For this batch I cut up 2 red peppers ~
~ I also cut up 1/2 of a red onion and 2 whole white onions ~
~ Next - the tomatoes OF COURSE ~
~ Next is Jason's favorite part - I used only 1/2 of this giant jalapeno this time~

~ Next is my FAVORITE part - the garlic of course - I use the minced garlic since it is easiest~ ~ Top it off with another handful of cilantro ~
~ Throw it ALL in the blender and press the Smoothie Setting ~
~ TADA ... Homemade Salsa Rebekah's Style ~
I have found myself eating this on prety much EVERYTHING! Last night I added it to some chicken in foil packets ... baked it on 425 in the oven for 30 minutes and it was FABULOUS! Hmm, maybe I found myself a new job huh? Or at least a hobby that is healthy to eat?
Well have a wonderful day everyone! I will be back later with pictures of the kids ... since they are what most people stop by to see anyhow!
Love ~ The Clark Family of FOUR ~ Rebekah, Jason, Jaden and Baby Charlotte!

7 comments:

Kristen said...

That looks delicious! You make me want to grow some veggies! How easy/hard would you say it is to grow them? I don't exactly have a green thumb.

Mama Bear said...

WOWSER girl, how far away do you live from us??? LOL I"m on my way! YUMMY

Breanna said...

YAY for Teeth!!! Reagan got her 1st 2 teeth on her birthday :) That salsa looks so yummy!!!

Jolene said...

Congrats to Charlotte (a.k.a. BIG GIRL!) on her 1st Tooth! You're so lucky that your girls teeth so easily!! As for the salsa, make me up a jar of that, please, and I'll pay you for it on Friday! :-)

Justi said...

That looks so yummy!!!

Pineapple Princess said...

OMGosh! My mouth is watering! I am SO PMSing right now and NEED some salty chips and fresh salsa!!! I am going to dream about your post all night!

Hannah said...

YUMMY. I totally miss having a garden this year. Last year I was up to my eyeballs in jalapenos and cilantro. I loved it!!

Congrats on your first tooth Charlotte!!