Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Still A Little Peanut ... A Dr's Appointment ... And Pictures ...

(ABOVE: My Girls - oh how I love them so much! My cup runneth over!)
(ABOVE: Charlotte's 1st Bath - and she HATED every minute of it!)
(ABOVE: Charlotte - doing what she does best - sleeping!)
(ABOVE: Jaden and her little sister - who looks pretty darn hungry in this photo!)
(ABOVE: Charlotte - it sure is tough being one week old already!)
Hello All! Well it is official - Charlotte is already a whole week old already! It is so true about the time flying by way too fast! It is strange to look at my fingers and say that I was still pregnant on one hand - two hands - etc ... I am happy to say all is well with the new Little Peanut ... she is still quite little ... she had a Doctor's Appointment today to check her billirubin levels and the appointment went well. Her billirubin level wasn't tested since the Dr took one look at her and said her coloring was wonderful! She is still quite small! In fact she weighed in at 6 pounds 8 ounces ... 1 ounce smaller than when we were discharged! The Dr wasn't at all concerned since she usually doesn't see babies until they are 2 weeks old ... so he said there was nothing to worry about ... she was in the 18th percentile for weight though - strange for us since Jaden has always been in the 95th percentile ... I am not used to having a tiny baby! The Dr also said that she needs to try to get on a schedule of some sort to eat - since she sleeps ALL day long she was only eating at night ... well he said to 'torture' her to get her awake during the day, even if it means feeding her while she's naked if that's what wakes her up! So we will try that - he alo said NOT to wake her to eat at night - let her wake me, which she does quite well already! So we don't have to go back until she's 8 weeks old - which seems so far away but yet it will be here before we know it right? So that is all for now ... as far as my Baby#1 is - Jaden is loving her new role as a big sister and she is truly great with Charlotte - she holds her and kisses her and hugs her all over ... she says she's a little too small right now and when she's bigger she will feed her. But in the meantime Jaden is a wonderful Big Sister - which we all knew she would be! Jaden also started swimming lessons last Saturday and is in HEAVEN being able to swim in MN in the winter! Yeah - I would love it too since the pool temp is 91 degrees! Ahh, now that sounds good to me! Other than that Jaden started back to school and is great in the morning - getting herself dressed and making her bed so I can feed Charlotte before heading to the bus stop ... I couldn't ask for a better kid! She is a joy ... bothof them are ... So aside from all that I blabbed about above things here are getting into a new 'normal' ... I am bored out of my mind and am vry grateful to my Mother In Law for coming up yet again to spoil us with dinner and just being here in general. My sister Niki arrives on the 14th and my niece arrives on the 15th ... my mom's 'procedure' is on the 16th so hopefully she will be cleared to travel via airplane SOON so she can come out with my dad before I have to head back to work! Other than that things here are just wonderful ... I finally have my Family of Four after being pregnant for what seemed like an ETERNITY! I hope you all are having a great week ... see for for FFF!
Love ~ The Clark Family of Four ~ Rebekah, Jason, Jaden and Charlotte!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww they are both tooo sweet!!!!!!!!!
Baby girl is just a peanut both my girls are tiny and hey THATS OK...Us small gals we just have to yell louder to get out ways!!! LOL

luv,Leslie

Kristen said...

Both your girls are so cute! Keep up the good work Momma!

Jennifer said...

I love the last picture...she looks so sweet and PINK!!!

Megan said...

I don't think you are EVER going to get that smile off of Jaden (not that you would want to!). She just looks sooo happy! Charlotte looks so sweet! I am so happy for you!

Tina said...

O My Goodness, she is a peanut. Jaden looks like she's holding a baby doll. So cute!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Rebekah she is a tiny little peanut. I cant remember my kids being that little mnie were 7# 6.9 and 6.5 so i guess they were that little. Tell Jaden she is doing a great job and to keep it up!!! Have fun in swimming too :) We i blogged today and announced that i am starting college on monday YIKES!!! im skerdddd.. lol anyway have a good day and i will check back with ya on FFF

Anonymous said...

Hi there baby daughter, your girls are so precious and I can not wait to come and see them. Soon I hope. I am so proud to say I am your mother, more than ever now. Your sister is so excited about coming out she giggles, and Amanda is just aglow thinking she will be seeing your "girls". I love you - Mom