Monday, October 13, 2008

Apple Orchard Photos ...

(ABOVE: We're Here - MN Harvest in Jordan, MN - who'd have thought you were only 40 miles from downtown Minneapolis ... isn't it beautiful?)
(ABOVE: Jaden getting some apple picking help from daddy!)
(ABOVE: Hey mom - what do you think of this one?)
(ABOVE: Jaden still hiding in the trees)
(ABOVE: Jaden and Jason hiding in the Apple Tree)
(ABOVE: Jaden and Mommy at the Apple Orchard)
(ABOVE: Jaden sitting on a hay bale after picking her pumpkin!)

Here are some photos from our glorious day at the Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch! It was 75 outside and sunny - perfect, maybe even a bit too warm for me ... I actually almost passed out inside the Harvest Store - too many people and not enough fresh air ... UGH! I am fine though - or was once I got back outside! Tonight we had Jaden's 1st Grade conference and it went well. As expected she is a good worker in class and generally enjoys school which is a great thing to hear. She is still struggling with reading though and actually tests below grade level for reading. I knew that going in - she despises reading ... she likes to be read to but does not enjoy reading herself. Her teacher told us about a special class (Called Early Success Reading Club) where Jaden can attend for 25 minutes a day in place of health or other free activities ... she will get one on one reading at her level until she tests at the correct level. Jason and I jumped on that offer - we will do whatever we can to help her enjoy learning how to read. We are happy to announce that she tests ABOVE grade level for math - which she gets from Jason of course. So all in all I was very pleased and proud of all she's learned in just 6 weeks so far. She really is a great kid - I lucked out! I am sure Baby#2 will be the opposite ... or so I hear!
On another front - even though it rained pretty much all day and the temperatures plummeted from 70 this morning to 48 on the ride home - construction did begin today!!! I was so excited to get the phone call from our Builder to tell us he was at the house and was working on stuff that was safe to do in the rain. Starting tomorrow I will post some pictures of the progress! Jason and I are excited now that it has started ... and Jaden just wants her new room - NOW! Well I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! As you can see ours was lovely and we enjoyed our family time ... See you on and off during the week ... Until then ... Have a great night!

Love ~ The Clark Family ~ Rebekah, Jason, Jaden & Baby# 2 too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebekah,
Thanks for always thinking of me and visiting my blog. It has been hard blogging with not alot of followers!!! ((HUGS)) Love, Marci

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, what beautiful pictures. We don't have apple orchards in Florida - just orange groves and strawberry fields. :) That looks like so much fun.

So exciting about the house! Can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of your apple picking adventure, looks like all had a great time. Jaden's hair is still so blonde, I miss her face terribly. Your's too. Thanks for doing the blog it keeps me in touch with your happy events.

Love ya - Mom