Tuesday, December 09, 2008

How Do You Spell Suckage ... BEDREST ...

(ABOVE: Jaden telling Santa she wants Pixos and an iPod for Christmas)
(ABOVE: Jaden and her Santa face painting ... )
(ABOVE: Getting there - slow and steady wins the race right? And pisses off the pregnant homeowner too right?)
Well it's official ... I am no longer allowed to go to work as of yesterday. Seems as though my Doctor knows best afterall ... I was not feeling wel Saturday night and was having contractions that were just annoying but my doctor just so happened to be the one on call that night so he told me to head in to the hospital ... where GUESS WHAT ... my blood pressure was an issue yet again. By midnight I was allowed to head home on bedrest from then on but I had to make sure I saw him in clinic Monday morning ... well yesterday I headed to the clinic to see him. Well my blood pressure was 170/100 and he was not happy with that. He told me to lie down in the office for a half hour on my left side and have it re-checked. Well after 3 more checks it stayed right about the same. So OFF to the hospital we headed again. His goal for me at this point is to get to 36 weeks ... which is next week. I have an appointment with him again tomorrow for the Bio-physical Ultrasound and appointment and we will determine what happens next ... the only thing he guaranteed me is this ... I will NOT be pregnant by Christmas ... so it looks like Charlotte will have her 1st Christmas this year ... better get her one of those cute outfits huh? I am hoping that if he decides to induce that it is Monday the 15th versus the 22nd - that is cutting it too close o Christmas for me ... not to mention the DAMN house still isn't done ... so now I get to sit at home and watch and listen to them do nothing around the house - fun huh? Oh the brighter side though ... Charlotte is doing well - it is me who has the issue as of right now ... and Jaden, well she is thrilled to have a sister for Christmas - think we could talk her into returning her gifts for a baby? Well I will keep you all updated and in the loop after tomorrow's appt and of course someone will pinch hit for me to let you all know when she is here ... Hope you all had a wonderful weekend ...
Love ~ The Clark Family ~ Rebekah, Jason, Jaden & Baby#2 too!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry you're on bedrest, I remember how much it really does suck. Try to make the best of it, read a good book, watch some movies (either old school favorite or some new ones you've been meaning to see), start watching a tv series, take up a new hobby like knitting, or just blog :)

Rebekah, make sure you take it easy and take care of yourself and baby Charlotte. I can't wait to see pictures! Yay to Charlotte joining you guys just in time for Christmas, what a great present for you all!

Sending you love from MA. I wish we lived closer so I could help out!

Kristen

Anonymous said...

Yea you need to keep baby girl in there for a few more weeks and then you can dress her in her cute Christmas clothes!!!!!!

praying for you!!!

Hugs,Leslie

Jennifer said...

Boy, do I remember those bedrest days! Not fun! The only thing that got me through it was reminding myself that any kind of rest would be non-existent after the baby arrived! Try to enjoy the quiet time you have before Charlotte arrives! All your bloggy friends can't wait to see pics!

Jennifer

Kelly said...

Bedrest doesn't sound like much fun but it sounds like it won't be for long at least! A baby for Christmas will be so nice....and you also have that extra tax deduction to look forward to!! My husband has been pushing for me to have the baby before the end of the year although I don't really think that's gonna happen for us.

I look forward to hearing the big news when it does happen. In the meantime...hang in there and take care of yourself!

Kara said...

I had Hannah at 36 weeks and she was perfectly fine. She weighed 7lbs. 8 oz. So, you will have a beautiful, perfect little girl for Christmas!! It doesn't get any better then that. I'll be watching for updates. REST, REST, REST!
Best wishes,
Kara

Anonymous said...

girl im sorry that you are not feeling the best. everything will be ok. Baby Charlette will make her debut soon wowzers. please make sure someone lets me know please

Adrienne said...

So sorry to hear that you are on bedrest.... I am excited though that my new niece will be here for Christmas!! What a wonderful gift for everyone!! Stay positive... :)

Megan said...

Ohhhh I am so sorry! Those Charlotte babies do not like to wait it out quietly... but they are sooo sweet once they do arrive!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl waiting for an update worried about you!!!