Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Déjà Vu, Happy Mother's Day and Some Pictures

(ABOVE: Jaden and her signature covered cast!)
(ABOVE: Jaden and her Big Blue Cast!)
(ABOVE: *gasp* a picture of me and my girls!)
(ABOVE: My Two Beautiful Girls!!)
(ABOVE: Jaden after breaking her arm ... she was so sad even though you wouldn't know it!!)
(ABOVE: Jaden holding her sister even with a broken arm!)
(ABOVE: Charlotte doing her new favorite thing - sticking out her tongue and slobbering all oover her clothes!)
(ABOVE: My Little Miss Muffet ... sat in a swing for hours!!!)
(ABOVE: My Mother's Day Bracelets from Jaden and Charlotte!)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Happy Belated Mother’s Day to all of my blogger moms out there! I am sorry for not stopping by to visit everyone on Friday and wish you a Happy Mother’s Day – I had every good intention to do so … but a sting of events out of my control came up Friday afternoon! Friday Jason had the day off since our furnace, A/C Unit and Hot Water Heater were all getting replaced. He decided to come up to work to drop off a computer monitor and then the two of us were going to have lunch together. Well I spent the morning in our office print room making spec books and such so I missed a phone call from school. They then tried to call Jason but he didn’t answer since he was driving so they called me back and dialed the operator. I was paged and answered the phone just as Jason was walking into the lobby area. Who called? Well the school nurse was calling. It seems that Jaden fell on the playground and hurt her elbow pretty bad. The nurse felt we should take her to the ER. So Jason and I hopped into his car and headed towards school. I got my car at the bus stop while Jason headed home to be there while the furnace company was still there – I headed to school and picked Jaden up and then we headed to the ER. We got in and out fairly fast as far as ER’s are concerned – only 2 hours – the end result … well it is Déjà Vu ALL over again. Jaden has managed to break yet another arm … this time it was her left elbow instead of her right wrist like the last time. But what makes it Déjà Vu – she managed to break her arm both times doing the EXACT same thing … FLIPPIN’ Monkey Bars!!! Seems as though she started going across the monkey bars when the kid in front of her stopped … she couldn’t hang on any longer so she let go and fell wrong which caused her to fall to her left side and onto her elbow. She was not happy to hear her arm was broke and she was even more mad when she saw the temporary cast went form her armpit to her fingers and that her arm needed to be kept in the L position. She was crying – she was scowling – she was annoyed but her #1 concern was that she wouldn’t be able to hold Charlotte – how cute (and sad) is that? Poor kid … She spent the weekend with a temp cast on and a sling and Monday we took her to get the fiberglass cast on. This time she chose a light blue and it still goes from her armpit to her fingers … but the good news is that she fractured it but it wasn’t displaced – that would have resulted in surgery!! So we are thankful – she only needs the cast on for 4 weeks because her elbow will get too stiff and can cause more damage in the long run. So she gets it taken off on June 8th … the last week of school. I am grateful that she didn’t do too much damage and that she will hopefully heal without any problems … and let’s be honest – I will take a broken anything over something worse! She will be fine in the long run and maybe (eventually) she will listen to me – might not be until she’s 30 but eventually she will listen to me – right?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We did have a good weekend in spite of the broken bones – she couldn’t do swimming Saturday and can’t for the rest of the session but she was okay with that. She got all kinds of free stuff at McDonald’s from the Manager when he saw how sad she was and her best friend Hannah came to visit Sunday and bought a cute balloon and LOTS of candy to cheer her up. She is fine now that the cast is on and all her friends have signed it! She is also in a lot less pain which makes it easier to smile too!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I had a wonderful Mother’s Day – slept in a bit and bought flowers to plant. Jason mowed the lawn and we cleaned up the house. I got a beautiful Mother’s Day gift from the 3 of them and I was surprised Jason even remembered what I said I wanted when I found out I was pregnant with Charlotte. You see a few years back for Mother’s Day Jason got me a Mommy Bracelet that spelt out Jaden’s name – when I found out I was pregnant I told him my next Mother’s Day would be an easy one since I needed a new bracelet with Charlotte’s name on it – well kudos to him because he remembered and they are BOTH beautiful! I love them … you should stop by their website and see ALL the options to choose from for a very reasonable price! So all in all – in spite of Friday’s events – we had a great weekend … Monday Carol came to Jaden’s appointment and we had pizza for dinner that night and headed to the park … Friday is Jaden’s choir concert so we will be leaving early to watch her show and next Wednesday is Track and Field Day – busy busy busy! Our 11th Annual Clark Family Memorial Party is on the 23rd and Katie’s 2nd Birthday is the 25th so our May is busy! Jaden only has 4 more weeks of school until Summer Break and we are all looking forward to summer days!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I hope you all had a beautiful Mother’s Day Weekend and that your week is going well too! I promise to pop on over and visit today!!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Love ~ The Clark Family of Four ~ Rebekah, Jason, Jaden and Baby Charlotte!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhhh Jaden a broken arm YUCKY!!! Bryson broke his a couple of yrs ago and ws casted all summer. well its good to see you smiling though :) and please stay off those monkey bars!!! Happy Mothers Day to you too, I was sick with the flu. have a good week and weekend my mom,brother, aunt, and a the kids and i are all heading to seaworld to see Billy Ray hehe!

Anonymous said...

just had to add we were both writing to each other at the time :)

Hannah said...

I hate that she broke her arm...at least she is still smiling :)

I love getting flowers to plant for Mothers day...that is usually what I ask for too!

Kristen said...

Poor Jaden, at least she is still smiling! It sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. I love the bracelets, where are they from?

Glad to hear you're going to take PW's advice too! I look forward to seeing more pictures of you with your beautiful girls!

Lund7 said...

Poor Jaden. Sorry that she broke her arm agin! How long will the cast be on?

I share a Memorial Day birthday with Katie!

Unknown said...

Great pictures...beautiful girls! Hope Jaden's arm heals quickly but glad to hear no more pain!

Anonymous said...

awww poor Jaden!!! We always have some injury here too!

Great pics of the girls! Baby girl is getting sosoooo big and cuter!

hugs,leslie

nora said...

Oh so sorry that Jaden broke her arm! What a tough weekend - she looks like such a trooper!

The pic of you and your girls is georgeous! Happy MOther's Day!

Mama Bear said...

So sorry to hear Jaden broke her arm. Kudo's to her for being a good sport about it though. Poor thing. Loved the pictures and especially the one of you with the girls. Awesome :-) Glad to hear you had a special Mother's Day.