Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baby #2 - Week 11, Our Weekend and My Husband is the BEST

(ABOVE: Jaden and Mommy waiting for fireworks!)
(ABOVE: Kendra, Jaden and Sarah waiting for the rain!)
(ABOVE: The Storm approaching - crazy thing is it is only 7:30 in this picture - you can see the rain falling in the distance!)
(ABOVE: YAY! The reason we go to Dan Patch Day's every year - they have the greatest Fireworks Display!)
(ABOVE: My 14 Red Roses and beautiful note from Jason!)
(ABOVE: Fetal Development at Week 11)
(ABOVE: Embryo at Week 11)

Okay - so based on the title of this post it will be packed with random blabbing from me - First off it is Tuesday and that means it is Baby Status Time ... oh and to Becca over at The Ties That Bind ... I won't have an ultrasound until 20 weeks which is about 2 months from now ... and regarding Belly Pictures - I was thinking I would start those at Week 12 ... which is next week ... So stay tuned! (yeah right - I am sure you all can't wait to see my mid-section) So here is what Baby#2 is up to this week -
How Your Baby is Growing:
Your baby, is just over 1 and 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. His/Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under his/her gums and some of his/her bones are beginning to harden. He/She's already busy kicking and stretching and his/her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as his/her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two - nor will you notice the hiccuping that may be happening now that his/her diaphragm is forming.
How Your Life's Changing:
If you're like most women, you're feeling a bit more energetic now and your nausea may be starting to wane. Unfortunately, you may also be suffering from constipation caused by hormonal changes, which can slow digestion and heartburn. Just remember all this discomfort is for a good cause. Don't worry if nausea has made it impossble to eat a wide variety of healthy foods or if you haven't put on much weight yet - most women gain just 2 to 5 pounds in their first trimester. Your appetite will likely return soon and you''' start gaining about a pound a week.
Well just as I said last time - I haven't had the nausea this time around and I am very grateful, I am quite tired and could just fall asleep almost anywhere ... I am hoping that energetic thing starts soon. I am able to eat the normal foods I have always been eating since weight loss surgery so I am not having those issues either but I do find myself feeling full a lot faster than normal ... which is sometimes a bummer! (like at dinner this past Friday!) I also haven't gained any weight but I 'feel' like I have! Other than that things are chugging along ...
Our weekend was a fun one ... Jaden enjoyed her sleepover while Jason and I went out to dinner ... before heading to dinner I went into the closet to get dressed and on the dresser were 14 Red Roses and a handwritten note that said "Happy Anniversary! Thank you for 9 Wonderful Years and Soon to be 2 Beautiful Children." Now how great is that? See why I said Jason is the best ... of course I teared up and hugged him and smacked a kiss on his face - he is always good at gift giving ... we headed to dinner and enjoyed alone time ... then went to Menards to buy deck stain - how romantic! We were both sadly asleep by 10:00. Saturday we picked Jaden up and went home to swim. Koz, Sarah and Kendra came over around 4:00 to swim and hang out and then we headed to Dan Patch Day's ... it was a great time and the weather was wonderful until about 9:00 - when the blackest clouds I have ever seen rolled over us ... it was pretty scary but the sirens never went off and the festival organizers and Police Dept assured us we were fine - so we stayed until the fireworks were over around 11:00. Sunday we spent the day cleaning the house, doing laundry, swimming and watching Jason stain the deck where he proceeded to let his Scandinavian Virgin Skin sit unprotected for a few hours ... yeah - he is a red lobster today and hot to the touch - no sympathy from me ... I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Sorry for the lengthy, blabbing post ... I will post more pictures of our weekend during the week!
Love ~ The Clark Family ~ Rebekah, Jason, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pics are great and the storm one is wayyyy cool!!! looks like you all had a great weekend and the roses are so pretty. and losing my dad is the hardest thing and the feeling is undescribable, but im trying... 11 weeks huh man i miss being pregnant (nooo no ideas) if i could keep them under the age of 15mnths i would have lots of them lol

Lisa and Madeline said...

WOW, that storm picture is so so cool. Glad it wasn't bad there. Sure did look spooky!

I can't believe it's been 11 weeks of pregnancy already for you. My biggest thing also was being SUPER tired all the time. I could sleep at a moments notice. It will get better, which I know you know.

Loved the roses. I would have cried too. I hope to find a good man like yours someday. Any good single men you know you could send to Louisville? LOL--JK. Have a great week. Chat with you soon.

Lisa

Faithful Froggers said...

I loved your long, babbling post! :) So glad you are feeling well and can't wait to follow along with you on your pregnancy journey - belly pics and all!

Where do you all live where you are bundled up in jackets and blankets in the middle of the summer??? Was it really that cold?

The picture of the storm is so neat!!

Have a great week!

Milk Mama said...

Your hubby is so sweet! I totally miss pregnancy right now!