Thursday, April 17, 2008

FOUR Days!


(ABOVE: Me and My little brother ... probably around 1979 or so ... )
FOUR Days! FOUR Days ... 96 hours ... 5,760 minutes ... 345,600 seconds ... until I am 'officially' closer to being 40 than to 20 ... Yes, I will be turning 31 years old on Sunday April 20th! Last year I was turning 30 and I was pretty bummed out about it ... well I've decided that 31 may be worse than 30! You see - it just hit me that I am now 9 years from being 40 and 11 years past turning 20! Yeah - that pretty much bums me out a bit ... but I have a LOT to be thankful for in my 31 years ... I have an amazing family, a husband who loves me and treats me great, a beautiful daughter who just yesterday as a matter of fact said this to me "Mom, YOU are SO lucky to be my mom!" ... Yeah, I agree, I am a pretty luck mom to have got her! Let's see - we have a typical family - a house, a pool, 2 cars, a dot, a cat, a fish! Yeah, pretty simple life we live - well, aside from my family being so far away our lives are pretty darn good! So I really have nothing to be bummed out about - after all, who in there right mind wants to be 20 years old - or any age close to that catty high school girl age? You truly couldn't pay me enough to head to high school nowadays! So here's to turning 31! I already have the best gifts I could have asked for - even thought Jaden and my mom bought me my Turtle Webkinz named Tallolah ... As a family of 3 Jason, Jaden and I will be heading to the Melting Pot for dinner Saturday night in downtown Minneapolis ... for those if you who may not have a Melting Pot near by it is a fondue restaurant! You are served food in courses ... the first course of course is the MOST important course - the cheese course with bread and veggies to dip ... then comes the meat course with different sauces to dip chicken, steak, shrimp and lobster in ... you also get a salad to share ... then comes Jaden's favorite course - the desert course ... yay! A bucket of melted chocolate with lots of fruit to dip ... it should be a great time - not to mention it is supposed to be sunny and 65 Saturday and sunny and 70 for my actual birthday Sunday! Happy Birthday to ME!

Love~The Clark Family~Rebekah, Jason and Jaden TOO!

1 comment:

One Busy Momma said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
You and I are the same age... I'll be going through denial in July though....
Just remember... 50 is the new 30... so that makes us teens again!!! (without the cliques and acne!)
The Fondue restaurant sounds super!!!! Enjoy!

Denise